The European Data Journalism Network works as a multiplier of outreach, as well as a hub for transnational collaborations and for the enhancement of newsrooms’ data journalism skills.
Media organisations can join the European Data Journalism Network either as full members or as associate members. Full membership entails a certain commitment to production and co-production within the network, while associate membership focusses on adaptation, reuse and syndication.
On top of the opportunities that EDJNet offers to any newsroom, its members:
- receive early information on ongoing investigations and stories within the network, so they can join in or set up collaborations with partners
- enjoy full access to all the datasets used for the stories
- can ask for free translation of the contents that they would like to reuse
- take part in the network’s editorial activity by suggesting topics and angles for new investigations and stories
- join EDJNet’s Slack channels and take part in joint monthly meetings with the other members
- can ask for partners’ collaboration on a story on which they are working
All members enjoy full editorial independence and do not have to commit to syndicate or disseminate contents produced by others.
Thanks to the support provided by the European Commission, partnership in the network comes for free, and some financial support to members can actually be envisaged.
Beside formal members, EDJNet has an increasing number of collaborations in place. We have been collaborating with the Global Editors Network and the Data Journalism Awards, the European Data News Hub, the Ethical Journalism Network. We are also part in the European project PANELFIT .